The civilised world always gives respect to sports and games. There has been a glorious tradition of living recognition to athletes, games, and sports. Sports are an important part of human life and activities. It is said, “All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy”. Books and learning are necessary for mental growth, whereas, games and sports are necessary for our mental and physical health. However, today’s lifestyle and education system do not consider sports as an important field. Our learning process is incomplete without games and sports. Even the sports field is very career-oriented; one can get a lot of name, fame, and money in this area of work. Also, it helps us in making a fine body physique. Doing physical activities has many physiological benefits. Even we can get rid of tension, anxiety, and depression. The world rich list carries many sportspersons such as Alex Rodriguez, Lionel Messi, Roger Federer, etc. Northeastern University’s athletic director, Peter Roby, discussed different sports issues in the Dedham forum.
Let us look at some other benefits of sports and games→
- They refresh our weary mind and increase our skills.
- We learn to take up challenges.
- They teach us many social values like teamwork, sportsmanship, patience, et cetera.
- They help us to pass our leisure time.
- They teach us to take victories and face defeats.
- Our education is incomplete without games and sports.
- It increases our stamina and concentration.
- It makes humans disciplined and makes the human mind sharp. Many players do different kinds of calculations on the field itself.
- Many diseases can be cured with the help of games and sports.
- Playing different outdoor games improves metabolism.
- They keep physically and mentally fit.
In a nutshell, games and sports are very essential for us. Let us promote them and win honour, glory, and recognition at national and international levels.